Pages

THIS SITE IS MY FREE COPYWRITE PROTECTED

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Sunday, August 19, 2012

BARELY... LYFE AND JAMIE COLLAB



BARELY...

I barely knew her...
she barely knew me...
6 months from now it will be 3...
we saw each other around school...
just said hello in passing and I thought that she was kewl...

one Friday night I went to a party so
I wouldn't be lonely...
my boyz were going
I didn't want to be the only
one staying at home,
even though I knew I needed
just about the whole weekend to
study for a major test...
I’m about making academics
completely my reality...

5.25 is my weighted gpa...
studying, studying, studying,
leaves me barely time to play...
but on this particular night I felt
compelled to get away....

wanting to be the 1st in my family to not only
finish college, ,
I see myself accumulating the PHD knowledge...

I don't barely want to pass any of my classes...
when you get it upstairs that is when true wealth amasses...
I read so much that mom bought me a pair of reading glasses...
she laughing reminds me that I used to read as slow molasses...
I was only 3 then,
but now I read like the wind...

I’m getting offered beau coup full scholarships...
there are almost as many as the cookies
in a national brand box of chocolate chips...

was my partying night dereliction of duty...
wasn't my intentions to be all up in a cutey...
I was still a virgin, never been intimate with a beauty....
some of my boyz would holla at me about the times
that they smoked some booty...

mom and dad are way pass barely being hurt...
this is one issue that our family can not skirt...
I just should have kept it as a passing innocent flirt...
instead of lifting and removing her body fitting red skirt...

my PhD will now be on delay...
since we both went half and half in making a baby...

of each other, we barely knew...
use double gloves with pliers when fastening a screw
or simply & politely say...no can do...
otherwise, this may & can happen to you...

thelyfepoet
11.17.2011
2:59pm est









Barely...

I barely knew him
And he barely knew me
9 months from now we'll have barely become 3
We saw each other here and there
Exchanged glances in hallway corridors
Barely got a stolen glimpse of each other in the school yard

I had a BIG Kool-Aid smile for this young man
whenever he was around
I could barely keep my feet on the ground
Or my head out the clouds
butterfly thoughts of him
were a beautiful distraction to focused life I lived in

my friends kept tryna hook me up with their friends
but I wanted no parts of em
they dragged me to a party I barely wanted to be in
and here he comes thru tha door with his friends
imagining that fate worked itself out here we are at a party
neither of us was barely gonna attend on this one Friday night
I could barely take my eyes off em he barely stayed in sight

He was smart and tall barely got into trouble
Hardly dis-respectable he was mostly shy and humble
he looked at me first but that time I barely saw em
he made me blush like I was his secret admirer
so dammn handsome with that boyish charm
for the first half of the party He barely paid me any mind

Although I was known by a lot of people but I was barely popular
I kept my nose to the grindstone and barely let anything stop it
And when I locked eyes with him from across the room
Cupid barely shot us but yeah....we got it
we locked hands and danced all night we could barely stop it

I was the only virgin among my peers
With goals and aspirations to have a prestigious career
I was barely interested in the things everyone else was into then
I was barely the type of young lady with a reputation laced with sin
But one look at him... And I could barely breath
I could barely resist hiding my heart on my sleeve
I could barely say my own name much less say no to him
I could barely walk in a straight like shucks!! I could barely swim

And now look at us soon to be young parents
Barely know each other barely able to be adults barely raising one another
Barely know what its about and how to take care of a child
Barely know his likes and dislikes And still I'm SO crazy about him
Although I'm barely prepared for the responsibility
I barely know what love and struggle is I wish we had protected sex
my body is going thru changes my parents are so dammed vexed
And me... I'm SO scared mainly of the dreams no longer available for me
realizing that this unsure future is not within my grasp
all because of a glance a glimpse of an eclipse that I wish we'd let pass
now this real test in life has nothing to do with a class its with the powers that be
sighing side eyed at em wondering if he'll be able to bare barely hanging in there with me

~~ IBJB

No comments:

Post a Comment