Pages

THIS SITE IS MY FREE COPYWRITE PROTECTED

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pronounced Silence ~~ A Lisa D McCraw and Jamie Bond COLLAB



A LISA/ JAMIE COLLAB

Pronounced Silence

I told my pen that we need to talk….
Made suggestions about getting paper counseling
My pen doesn’t seem to feels there’s a problem
Turns it on me and says I'm over exaggerating
Blames any form of independent moves and or thinking
On Oprah, my family or thinks I got too much time on my hands….

I made my decision….
I'm ending my legacy in less than a week
And with regret so deep I can barely speak
The tears well up in my eyes so bad
As I grieve for the poems I’ll never have
Farewell to the hopes of my unrealistic dreams
Hello to my freedom or so it seems
Goodbye to my ailments, my worries my life
From now on till the end of my life
Greetings to my peace of mind from now on
No more worries of missed chances
My inspirational thoughts are gone
Dammn writers block!
~~ IBJB


Cry me river
and drown your POEMS
but, as for me and my PEN
well think AGAIN

I was born in SILENCE
scared of a word
much less a sentence
and ya see, that was my sentence
chained and bound
no expression
heart imploding
head to the ground
not living, but surviving
life based on other's conniving
til one day
this urge, this calling, this POETRY
grabbed me, shook me, possessed me
and now, well my mental is thriving
and surviving
well it's dead
I'm alive
and I strive
for CHANGE
every minute, every hour
sun up to sun down

WRITER's BLOCK

I rebuke it
I fight it
I deny it
I hate it
I WILL NOT TOLERATE IT
so I stab it
I beat it
and with MY PEN
I WILL DEFEAT IT

so POET

I'm extending my hand
take it
feel my pulse
let the blood rush of POETRY
infuse you
revive you
transform you
and let the SILENCE
be no more

OUR writing is a gift
not a chore
and with these words

I UPLIFT
YOU
'cause with POETRY
WE are one
sister to sister
woman to woman
POET to POET
and SILENCE
well it ain't golden
it's a cloud
hanging over
and we will WRITE it away

today
tomorrow
and beyond

'cause
I am a POET
You are a POET
and TOGETHER

Silence is no more

~~ LISA


No comments:

Post a Comment